While in Singapore, strolling over the Chinatown Street Market is a must and do your best to do it just before dusk or the ‘golden hour’.
Why just before dusk? because in the morning most of the shops aren’t opened yet and the sun is scorching hot during the day. You may also captured great photographs during the golden hour and enjoying the light and listen to the hawkers inviting you to buy their stuffs.
I usually spare a time to visit this street market when i’m in town, especially on Sunday.
My itinerary here usually consist of :
• A visit to the Sunday Toy Market at China Square Central just a little bit outside the Chinatown Street Market. At China Square Central i usually visit Ozzo to buy some designer toys.
• The Tin Tin Shop, to buy something or just a window shopping routines.
• Taking photos. I never get bored of this while have doing it for many years taking photos of the same Mariaman Temple or Tintin Shop facade.
• Treat myself with some bacon or beers.
• I usually went to the Hong Lim Center to eat.
Been doing that routines since years ago, and I think i’ll be doing the routines again the next time I’m in town.